Standard Features for Town Villas
- Quality brick front elevation, sides, and rear first storey only, second storey front, sides and rear as per elevations.
- Prefinished, maintenance-free, quality siding, soffits, fascia and eaves troughs as per elevation.
- Maintenance-free, insul-glazed, prefinished, vinyl windows, complete with screens on operable windows. Basement windows are all sliders. All front windows are either casement or single-hung type, as per elevation with white internal grilles. All glazing areas are subject to the requirements of the Ontario Building Code. Coloured window frames as selected by professional Design Consultant.
- Fiberglass insulated entry doors with high-quality weather stripping. Front entry door to be stained. Colour selected by professional Design Consultant.
- Lifetime architectural asphalt shingles shingle warranty as per manufacture’s specifications) - colour selected by professional Design Consultant.
- Lot graded to the requirements of the municipality (e.g. City, Town), fully sodded front and rear (including boulevards) except areas with trees, shrubs and general shrub ground cover. Final grading and sod installation schedule is as follows: homes that close Jan 1 - Jul 15 will be completed by Oct 31 of the same year, homes that close Jul 16 - Dec 31 will be completed by Jul 31 of the following year.
- Precast concrete slab walkway and steps from driveway to front entry with asphalt-paved driveway. Asphalt driveway and all types of on-grade hard surfaces (e.g. patios) to be installed by July 31st of the year following the closing date.
- Decorative, raised sectional steel, non-insulated garage door(s), as per plan, where applicable, colour selected by professional Design Consultant.
- Reinforced poured concrete porch as per model type, PVC posts (painted), as per plan, where applicable. Concrete porches may or may not have a saw cut(s) to allow for expansion. Saw cuts, including location, are at the Vendor’s discretion.
- Basement floor to be 3" poured concrete over 6" of 3/4" stone.
- Garage floor, as per plan, where applicable to be 4” poured concrete over compacted granular material complete with saw cut(s) for expansion purposes.
- 8" poured concrete foundation walls complete with damp proofing and drainage membrane installed on 6" x 16" footings and foundation collector drains (where applicable).
- Foundation parged from grade to brick line. Parging is a masonry veneer for esthetic purposes only and is not warranted.
- Floor joists as per Ontario Building Code requirements and supporting beams and/or bearing walls as per model type with 3/4" tongue and groove, engineered floor sheating, nailed and screwed to joists.
- 7/16” Engineered roof sheating.
- Engineered roof trusses. All truss configurations are subject to the requirements of the Ontario Building Code.
- 2” x 6” @ 16” o.c. exterior walls with R5 insulated sheathing and R20 batt insulation in walls.
- R50 blown-in insulation in attic (except over garage) and R50 insulation in sloped areas.
- Exterior basement walls framed with 2” x 4”’s (where required), insulated with full height R12 batts and 6 mil poly with a moisture barrier.
- R31 spray foam insulation in floors over unheated space.
- 1/2" drywall throughout finished areas only, nailed and screwed to structural lumber.
- The Vendor, if required by the municipality the house is being constructed in, will install a soil gas mitigation system that is in compliance with the requirements of the Ontario Building Code. The Vendor will not install a soil gas mitigation system if the municipality the house is being constructed in does not require it. All aspects of the soil gas mitigation system, including but not limited to the design, the location, and the technical specifications are determined at the sole discretion of the Vendor.
- Kitchen cabinets, and bathroom vanity(ies), selected from Vendor’s samples as per plan and model type.
- Flooring selections to be chosen from Vendor’s samples (vinyl flooring in the bathroom(s), foyer, kitchen, dinette, and back entry, all other flooring to be carpet including the stairs where applicable).
- Note: In making colour and material selections and upgrades the Purchaser acknowledges being advised that ceramic tile, vinyl flooring and carpeting are subject to pattern, shade and colour variations, and that hardwood flooring is subject to natural variations in colour and grain. Furthermore hardwood flooring is made of a natural material which is subject to natural shrinkage and expansion and the Purchaser will not hold the Vendor responsible for normal shrinkage and expansion. The Purchaser further acknowledges being advised that the purchase of a humidifier for home where hardwood flooring is installed is recommended.
- 4" colonial baseboard and 2 3/4" colonial casing for painting throughout (Note trim may vary in width by 1/8"); doors to be 2 panel for paint with pewter coloured hardware (baths and master bedroom to have privacy locks).
- Closets: Standard wire shelving.
- Cathedral &/or vaulted or raised ceilings as per model & plan, where applicable, all other main floor ceilings to be standard 8’.
- Railings to be natural finish oak with painted spindles as per plan and model type, all railings to be mounted on oak nosings.
- California stipple ceilings in the entire home, except the bathroom(s) and laundry.
- Home completely painted with latex paint. Purchaser's choice of three off-white colours. Dark colours are available at an additional charge. Interior trim and doors are painted with white, latex paint.
- Garage drywalled and painted with one coat of latex paint. Vendor to select garage wall colour.
- Mirror(s) installed over bathroom vanity(ies), 36" high and full width of vanity, (oval cut mirror installed over pedestal basins, if applicable).
PLUMBING – BATHROOM(S)
- One piece acrylic 5’ tub/shower(s) (white) including cap, complete with pressure-balance faucet (chrome) and shower curtain rod, as per plan, where applicable.
- Corner whirlpool tub(s) (white) with 6 jets and roman tub faucet (chrome), as per plan, where applicable.
- Neo-angle shower(s) (white) complete with pressure-balance faucet (chrome) and shower door (chrome and obscure glass), as per plan, where applicable.
- China basin(s) (white) complete with lever style faucet (chrome).
- Toilet (white) with lined tank.
PLUMBING – KITCHEN
- Stainless steel double sink with ledge back and single lever deck faucet (chrome).
- Built-in dishwasher (white or black door) with stainless steel tub for noise reduction supplied and installed.
PLUMBING – LAUNDRY AND OTHER
- Connections provided for Purchaser's washer and electric dryer complete with single laundry tub installed, as per plan and model type. Exterior vent provided for dryer exhaust. The bottom of the oatey box (if applicable) will be installed 42 to 44” above the subfloor.
- Rough-in for 3-piece bath in basement, as per plan, where applicable.
- Power-direct vent gas hot water tank installed, but supplied by utility company on rental basis (where applicable) - Purchaser agrees to accept HWT rental agreement.
- Sealed sump pit & pump installed, discharged to storm sewer.
- Water meter installed but supplied by the municipality.
- Two exterior water taps installed.
- Note: The Purchaser will have an opportunity to review the electrical plan, which details the location of lights, switches, and phone and cable T.V. outlets.
- Forced air, high-efficiency gas furnace (93% AFUE single stage motor). Vendor to install a furnace that is sized to meet the requirements of the O.B.C. and official HVAC plan. The Purchaser and Vendor do not determine the size of the furnace – The O.B.C. and official HVAC plan do.
- Central air conditioning (sized as per HVAC plan).
- Simplified HRV (min. 50% efficient). Optional inlets can be added for an additional cost.
- Prewired and jacks installed for a combined total of 6 cable televisions and/or telephones.
- 100-amp circuit breaker panel with copper wiring throughout.
- Kitchen exhaust hood, smoke detectors, door chime kit, kitchen valance lights (under upper cabinets), unfinished basement and interior garage light fixtures supplied by Vendor.
- Heavy duty stove receptacle and dedicated outlet for refrigerator and microwave, all kitchen outlets are split receptacles.
- Quality light fixtures provided. Purchaser’s choice from applicable allowance and Vendor’s supplier.
- Exhaust fans vented to exterior in the bathroom(s).
- Two exterior weatherproof electrical receptacles with ground fault breaker feature.
- Rough-in for future security system, and for automatic garage door opener(s).
- All switches are decora style white and plugs are standard style white.
- Rough-in for central vacuum system (pipe and low voltage wiring is roughed in to unfinished basement area).
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms installed as per the requirements of the Ontario Building Code.
- The foregoing specifications supersede any verbal discussions that the Purchaser may have had with the Vendor prior to execution of this agreement. Furthermore, any subsequent alterations to the plan and/or specifications must be in the form of a written change order, signed by both the Purchaser and the Vendor.
- The Vendor reserves the right to substitute a comparable, alternative product for any of the products and/or materials included in the construction of the home without the express permission of the Purchaser.
- Rough-in for satellite TV not provided.
- Furthermore the Purchaser acknowledges the home may include bulkheads and boxed out walls to accommodate and/or conceal plumbing and mechanical systems. These bulkheads and boxed out walls will vary from home to home and the Vendor reserves the right to install bulkheads and boxed out walls as required. Furthermore the finishing detail of the bulkheads is at the sole discretion of the Vendor.
- All selections are to be from Vendor’s samples. In the event a selection(s) or detail(s) is in contravention of the Ontario Building Code the Ontario Building Code takes precedence.
- New homebuyers in Ontario receive substantial warranty protection as set out by the Tarion Warranty Program (in accordance with the Ontario New Home Warranty Act). Under the plan, the Vendor warrants that the house will be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year. There is a two-year warranty with respect to electrical, plumbing, heating systems, cladding, caulking, windows, and doors, and the building envelope (all parts of the structure that contain the living space is free of water penetration). The Vendor warrants for two years that the basement remains free of water penetration through the foundation. The Purchaser is protected for seven years against major structural defects with the Tarion Warranty Program.
- The Purchaser acknowledges all products are subject to variations in colour, texture and other esthetic traits. For example, brown hardwood flooring A installed at 123 Apple Street may look different then the brown hardwood flooring A installed at 789 Orange Street - there are acceptable variation tolerances in each product and Hayhoe Homes cannot guarantee that products will be exactly the same from house to house.
- For the Vendor to accept delivery of and take responsibility for any appliance the Purchaser would like delivered to the jobsite prior to the closing date the appliance must be bought at the Vendor’s supplier on the Vendor’s account. Should the Purchaser purchase appliances at the Vendor’s supplier and pay for them on their own person account, credit card, cash, or any other payment means the Vendor will not accept delivery of or take responsibility for any appliance delivered to the jobsite. Should the Purchaser elect to purchase any appliance from any supplier other than the Vendor’s supplier the Purchaser acknowledges they must accept delivery of the appliance(s), have the delivery by the date established by the Vendor (the Vendor may require multiple delivery dates), will pay for multiple delivery dates (if applicable), take full responsibility for the appliance, and acknowledges that should the appliance be damaged in any manner the Vendor is not responsible for the damage and the Vendor will not pay for any replacement costs associated with the damage. The Vendor recommends the Purchaser insure all appliances prior to delivery, at full replacement value. The following items, whether built in or free-standing, are considered for this purpose to be appliances: clothes washers, clothes dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, ranges, cook-tops, ovens, warming drawers and dishwashers. Any item the Vendor deems not an appliance is not permitted to be delivered to the jobsite prior to closing. All appliances delivered to the Vendors jobsite must be compliant with the Ontario Building Code and have been approved by the Vendor. The Purchaser acknowledges that in order for the Vendor to install some appliances there may be additional charges for adding an additional fuel source (e.g. gas line), connection to fuel source (e.g. connection to the gas line), install of appliance (e.g. install of a slide in gas range), and cabinetry modification charges (e.g. modifications to the cabinetry to accommodate a slide-in range).